- Exterior Components – Cladding, Doors & Windows, Flashings & Trim
- Roofing – Roof Coverings, Vents, Flashings, & Trim, Roof Structure
- Skylight, Chimney, & Other Roof Penetrations
- Gutters & Downspouts – Roof Drainage
- Attached Decks & Balconies – Stoops, Porches, Railings, Steps & Ramps
- Walkways, Driveways, & Patios
- Eaves, Soffits, & Fascia – Roof Overhangs, Drainage & Ventilation
- Grading & Drainage – Retaining Walls, Vegetation, Soils
- Attached Garage – Door Sensors, CO2 & Fire Resistance
- Basement, Crawlspaces, & Foundations – Walls, Moisture Intrusion, Ventilation, Insulation, Piers & Columns, Beams & Joists
- Structural Components
- Attic, Ventilation, & Insulation
- Fireplace Systems – Solid-Fuel Burning Appliances, Hearth & Extensions, Dampers
- Plumbing Systems – Main Shut-off Locations, Supply and Distribution Systems, Drain Waste & Vents, Sump Pumps, Water Heater, Fixtures & Faucets
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Systems – Fuel Delivery & Storage System, Heat Systems, Venting, Central A/C, Non-Portable Systems, Thermostats
- Electrical Components – Service Entrance & Conductor, Main Disconnect, Main & Sub-Panels, Grounding & Bonding, GFCI/AFCI Overcurrent Protection, Receptacles, Switches & Fixtures
- Interior Components – Walls, Floor Coverings, Doors & Windows, Stairs, Steps, Railings,
- Built-In Appliances & Fixtures – Ovens, Dishwasher, Microwave, Sinks, Toilets, Showers, Tubs
Additional Inspection Services
Before selling a home, a pre-listing or pre-sale inspection can prove invaluable for preparing the home for sale by making sure there are no surprises. I will conduct a full inspection and prepare a checklist and report in order to prepare your property for market and stay ahead of any issues that might impede or devalue the sale of your home.
New Construction Inspection
New doesn’t equal perfect! Before conducting a final walkthrough of a new home build, it is important to identify any issues before closing. We thoroughly inspect the home for defects or oversights so that the builder can make changes before moving in, and avoid having to repair them later, or worse, after the builder’s warranty expires.
Once an inspection is completed, buyers and sellers will agree upon the repairs that need to be made to the home before moving forward with closing their deal. After these repairs are made, a Re-Inspection can be scheduled to offer the seller additional peace of mind before their major purchase. We will revisit the home and check the quality and completeness of all new repairs discussed in previous inspections.
Radon is naturally-occurring radioactive, odorless, tasteless gas that can be toxic to a building’s occupants at certain levels of exposure. I am certified as a Radon Technician in the state of New Jersey and can perform radon testing services to ensure that your home and family are safe.
Wood-Destroying Insects (WDI) Inspection
WDI’s are common pests, such as termites, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees, that can cause significant structural damage to a home if left unchecked and untreated. As a certified WDI Inspector within NJ, I have the training and knowledge to perform WDI inspections for your home and property, further protecting your investment.
Asbestos-containing materials (ACM) have been historically used for thousands of building materials since the early 1900’s, of which many still exist within homes today. Inhalation and ingestion of asbestos has been linked to adverse health effects such as asbestosis, lung cancer, mesothelioma, and colon cancer. As a USEPA-AHERA Certified Asbestos Building Inspector with over 15 years of ACM sampling and project management, I can identify potential issues to help keep building occupants safe from the harms of asbestos, no matter what size the project or scope.